- Theoretical / Computational Neuroscience Centers
- Large Neuroscience Collaborations
- Perspective Articles
- Public Available Datasets
This is a constantly growing collection of links of resources about comtemporary computational neuroscience and theoretical neuroscience. Majorly for my personal usage, to remind me of the active research areas and trends in computational neuroscience. Viewpoints and opinions from the articles don’t necessarily represent the opinions of myself.
Theoretical / Computational Neuroscience Centers
- Princeton Neuroscience Institute
- UTAustin Center for Theoretical and Computational Neuroscience
- Berstein Network of Computational Neuroscience
- Gatsby Unit University College of London
- John Hopkins University Jovo
Large Neuroscience Collaborations
- MICrONS Collaboration: NINAI
- The International Brain Laboratory - an international laboratory for system and computational neuroscience
- Blue Brain Project
- Allen Institute
- Systems Neuroscience Is About to Get Bonkers 2018 David Sussillo
- Using goal-driven deep learning models to understand sensory cortex 2016
- Computational models in the age of large datasets 2015
- Observatories of the mind Allen Institute, 2012
Special Journal Issue and Series
- Nature Neuroscience Focus on neural computation and theory 2016
- Current Opinions in Neurobiology Special Issue: Computational neuroscience 2017 Oct.
- Current Opinions in Neurobiology Special Issue: Theoretical and computational neuroscience 2014 Apr.
Public Available Datasets
Mouse Visual Cortex
- Recordings of ten thousand neurons in visual cortex during spontaneous behaviors. Stringer, C.; Pachitariu, M.; Reddy, C.; Carandini, M.; and Harris, K. D. Apr 2018.doi:10.25378/janelia.6163622.v4 link
- Responses of ten thousand neurons to 2,800 natural images. Stringer, C.; Pachitariu, M.; Carandini, M.; and Harris, K. D. July 2018. doi:10.25378/janelia.6845348.v3 link
- Data from Sebastian Seung Lab
- Data from Joshua Morgan Lab
- Data from Helmstaedter Department, MPI
- NeuroData.io (former Openconnecto.me) Collection of connectome (graph) data from C.elegans, zebra fish to macaque and human.